Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

What if people think you are homeless and need help?

Well, where should I start?

What I am going to write on this post is actually going to humiliate myself but one of my so called friend keeps asking and even begging me to write it, because it's to hilarious to be kept alone.
Fine, fine, fine. Here we go.

Ever since  I came to Thailand, some Indonesian who also live in Thailand have told me to come to Indonesian Consulate in Songkhla. I don't know exactly the purpose of visiting the place, but I guess it has something to do with registering your self and they can help if something happen with you.

Indonesian Consulate in Songkhla - Thailand.


But I never had time to make it there until my last month staying in Thailand.
So I came there on the 2nd of October.
I carried my big backpack and my other 2 small bags along with me. Huh don't ask me how heavy they are. Thank God, the minivan that took me there dropped me off right in front of the consulate.  So I didn't have to drag my stuff trying to find the place like crazy.

Me, my backpack + a pair of sandals + Barney.


Now here is the funny part.
Remember I told you I had 3 bags with me, As you can see on the picture above that's only one, I hid the other 2 bags. I was standing in front of the gate waiting for someone to open the gate.
The plan was,  I was going to meet my friend who is working in the consulate and get the room key from her to go to my other friend's apartment. So confusing, I know. The point is, I had to meet her to get the key.

I tried to call her but she didn't pick up her phone. So I was waiting for someone to open the gate.
That time, I was wearing my sunglasses - and you know how cool I am with that sunglasses.

Finally there was one guy coming and asking me "May I help you?"
Me: "Hmmm, I am going to meet Veronica to get the room key from her."
This guy started at me and studied me in the way that made me feel, to be honest, a little bit uncomfortable and maybe I would've kick his ass if he stares at me any longer.
And wait, I got even worse stares from the other guys, just wait.

He said: "Okay, just come inside first."
Me: "Are you sure? I am wearing shorts and is it okay to come inside with shorts?" (I have got told by my friends that wearing shorts to the consulate is inappropriate so I didn't expect him to let me in. But again, he was saying that in a funny way that I didn't even have word to describe it)

As we were walking into the office, we met the other 2 guys and 1 lady who are also working in the consulate. They were wearing Batik, so when I saw them I just spoke Bahasa with them because their faces are so Indonesia, hahaha if you know what I mean.

I remind you again, I came to that office with 3 bags, now imagine how heavy they are + me wearing sunglasses + shorts + I was sweating all around my face because these bags are too heavy + there is a pair of sandals and Barney doll I hang on my bag.

Can you I imagine that? Can you imagine how cool I was? Well, at least I thought I was cool that time.

But not after these Indonesian people whom I met in the office kept staring me.
They asked me so many questions but in the way not to make me sad. They were like trying to cheer me up somehow and trying to make me accept that sometimes life is not fair. lol. I can see you don't understand what I am talking about right now. Don't worry, I also felt the same that time.

And that look, oh my, I finally could translate the meaning of that look into this : how-pity-this-girl-is or she-must-have-lost-her-money-and-passport-and-cannot-go-back-to-Indonesia or what-has-happened-to-this-little-poor-girl-with-sandals-and-Barney-are-hang-on-her-bag? or she-must-have-been-dumped-by-his-boyfriend.

Now, it's all clear with me. That guy let me in because he thought I was one of those immigrant who's having problems and asking for help to the consulate. Oh damn!

So I guess, they didn't find me cool when they first saw me at the gate. They might say, "here we go, another orang gila minta perlindungan". Duh that part I cannot write in English. Not because I cannot, but I don't want to.

And you know the worse part, they are still talking about my hilarious coming even days after. That friend of mine who's working in the consulate told me that it's still the trending topic among them.

Garuda di Dadaku!


So my suggestion for you. If you want to visit the consulate, don't come with shorts, sunglasses, 3 big bags and sandals n Barney!  Unless you want them to think you are CRAZY!

Danya

No comments:

Post a Comment