Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Thailand oh Thailand

If I mention this country "Thailand", I know what will come across your mind. Let's put them on the lists.

Phuket - Bangkok - Ladyboy Show - Phi Phi Island - Sticky Rice - and so on.

But this time I will write another story about Thailand that I finally realize after staying here for almost half a year.

We all know that if we buy something anywhere in the world that doesn't have English as their main language,  and this thing that we buy is made by other country, we will find the writing are in the mother language and in English. That's what you can find in Indonesia. I guess you can find it almost every where in the world.

But here in Thailand I got so frustated when I purchased a Nikon D3200 that costs me over 18.000 Baht and when I opened the box to read the instruction it's all in Thai.

Mai kao chai means I don't understand!


I got so mad with the fact that here in one of the biggest holiday destination in the world they don't have tolerance with people who cannot speak their language.
For me, it's fine if you do it in both Thai and English but please for God's sake ... or it's fine if they do it for things that only costs you 100 Baht or less. But it's for something that's over my wages in a month!

When I found this out I just can't be bothered anymore to ask my Thai friends to translate it for me. I just brought me camera and started using it. Somehow I managed to survive :)

After capturing some pictures here and there and plus struggling to understand all the menus that is still so unfamiliar for me, here is my first 2 favourite shots. 




                                                                         Danya

No comments:

Post a Comment